and a nice card.
Thank you Jen – this time officially – for all these awesome goodies.
The other surprise waiting for me was that fellow blogger Chaoscat ( visit her at http://rewolluzza.wordpress.com/ ) nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you, I feel honored!
The rules says that I have to post the image:
and a link back to the blogger who nominated me, which I already did. This was the easy part. I also have to answer 7 questions about myself. To simplify this, I will just tell you 7 facts about my knitting habits and myself:
1. Just (relatively) recently found out that the way I knit ever since I learned to, is called Eastern European knitting. If you are interested, you can see how that looks like here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCvJ6Oqf1Ao . Since all the knitters I knew knitted like this, I just assumed it’s the Continental style, until I started to watch YouTube videos in order to learn new techniques.
2. If there’s no good reason to use any specific cast on, I always use the same old one. It’s the least enjoyable part of knitting for me, almost like a chore that I must do to get to the fun part.
3. Same thing for the bind off; k2tog, put the stitch back to the left needle, k2tog… until there are no stitches left. It can be done with p2tog, or a combination of k2tog and p2tog after ribbing. (I’m a lazy knitter…)
4. When I say the word knitter, the image I have in my head is that of Audrey Hepburn knitting a giant red pullover in Breakfast at Tiffany’s.
5. I prefer to have big projects on my needles, cardigans and tops are my favorites.
6. I can’t imagine my life without a pet or two (read: at least two dogs, and most other animals are welcome), but as much as I find cats cute I can’t overcome my fear from them, therefore never had one. I know it sounds silly, but I really feel uncomfortable if a cat is around.
7. I’m lacto ovo vegetarian and tend to eat as healthy as I can (not easy for a student). I would like to grow my own vegetables and make my own food, but with the hectic life I have currently, the closest thing I can get is veggie and fruit from grandpa’s garden (he’s happy to provide me, I’m lucky to have him).
And now the hardest thing; I have to forward the award to few other bloggers I like to read. There is no limit on the number…, so I will give it to every active blogger I follow 🙂 except those who already had it
“Few” is a relative term after all!
See the list “blogs that I read” on the right.